Friday, August 24, 2007

Stardust Memories


I just saw the movie Stardust. I went to the movies because I just wanted to get away from the world for even a tiny amount of time. I felt the film had a rough start, but once it got going, I was very happy with it. I loved the world of Stormhold and there were moments that this magical love story brought some tears to my eyes, but it's hard to tell because my left nasolacrimal duct is blocked, which makes it tear all the time. I loved all the cameo appearances with the exception of Robert De Niro, who was the only actor whose performance pulled me back into reality. I think De Niro is a fabulous actor, but this was not a good use of his talent. I can say with all honesty that my favorite part of the whole thing was Claire Danes. Some of her lines would have sounded just ridiculous, if she hadn't embraced what she was given and made it real. I really thought she was special.

2 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Ya know, I'm in need of an outing myself that is not business related. Yeah, I do want to see this movie.

airplanejayne said...

shhhh....I've seen it twice....

luvit.